After the Bombshell launch of the free version of ChatGPT (https://chat.openai.com/chat), it has reignited the conversation on the influence of AI across the business spectrum. There is insecurity on the various data points that the platform uses (it is not shared), and OpenAI said themselves, "ChatGPT is incredibly limited, but good enough at some things to create a misleading impression of greatness", Sam Altman (CEO of OpenAI).
It is however a good moment to reflect on AI and our field of expertise; digital marketing in Europe. There are a few areas where the influence of AI is expected to have a significant impact. Impact that we as EuroDev, but also the marketing teams that we work with, would need to adapt to.
Here are a few ways in which AI could shape the industry:
- Personalization: AI algorithms can analyze customer data and behavior to deliver personalized marketing messages and experiences. This could include personalized emails, recommendations, and advertisements based on a customer's interests and preferences.
- Predictive analysis: AI can analyze data to predict customer behavior and preferences, which can help businesses tailor their marketing efforts to better meet the needs of their target audience.
- Automation: AI can automate certain marketing tasks, such as email marketing and social media posting, freeing up time for marketing professionals to focus on more strategic and creative tasks.
- Chatbots: AI-powered chatbots can provide personalized customer support and assist with lead generation by interacting with customers in real time chat or messaging apps.
- Content creation: AI algorithms can analyze customer data to generate personalized content, such as product descriptions or blog posts, which can help businesses scale their content marketing efforts.
Ethical implications of using AI through various industries
There are entire industries active in the areas listed, and their business model is at-risk or have a chance to embrace and adapt. As this movement evolves further, the ethical implications of using AI should be carefully considered.
We have touched previously (check out our other blogs!) on the importance of organic value vs. paid traffic. This is a reality for the majority of the B2B customers that we work with. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) combined with a powerful multilingual keyword search paves the way for most companies. AI will have an impact here as well, as it could fuel Keyword Research (Search Trends, User Behavior), Content Optimization, Link-Building (identifying high-quality websites to target), Website Audits (technical issues, loading times), Predictive Analysis (Future trends and user behavior).
There is insecurity about the ability to use writing tools to publish articles. Content writing teams can use AI to implement your content strategy, but should not rely on it solely.
Given the fact that AI writing can easily outpace human effort, the percentage of AI-written articles will grow steadily. Although ChatGTP is impressive, there are AI tools out there that produce much more questionable results.
Ready to start your digital transformation in Europe? Connect with us.
EuroDev, established in 1996 with offices in The Netherlands and France, has a single, defined purpose to help mid-sized North American companies expand their business in Europe. Since our founding, we have created a proven, successful business development model and partnered with over 300 companies to help them define and meet their European business goals. Services provided include Sales Outsourcing, HR Outsourcing,g, and Digital Marketing.