In March 2021, job growth boomed at the fastest pace since last summer in the United States. Simultaneously the unemployment rate fell. In Europe, we also experienced an increase in European recruitment requests from North American SME’s. Are you currently thinking about recruiting a European hire to be prepared for the economic boom? We’ve highlighted popular solutions that make your life easier when recruiting and employing in Europe.
The improved employment situation gives an indication that, after a rough year, the economy is recovering slowly. An improving economy is often characterized by new job openings and, as a result, recruitment assignments. Recruiting the right candidates is a time-intensive process. If done wrong, it is also very costly. Especially in a foreign market, it can be extra complex to find the right candidate and eventually employing the candidate. Luckily, there are many resources and solutions that can assist you with recruiting and employing candidates in foreign markets such as Europe.
Finding the right candidate in Europe through Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) is when a company transfers all - or part of their - recruitment responsibilities to a RPO service provider. It is a form of business process outsourcing.
Many businesses use recruitment process outsourcing providers to find the suitable candidate, especially if they have to hire in a foreign market. The main reasons our North-American clients choose for RPO include:
- Reduce costs: A recruitment process involves a lot of costs due to the time investment, advertising, and screening & recruiting technologies. These costs can be transferred to a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Provider while you focus on your core business.
- Access to exclusive talent: Finding qualified and suitable candidates in a foreign country is a significant concern for employers. A trusted Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider has the required network, tools and knowledge of the industry and country. In Europe, for example, a RPO provider should know the details of the collective labour agreements per industry in the specific country and which platforms to use to find and reach the right candidate.
- Focus on core business: Outsourcing saves time. When an activity such as recruitment is outsourced, it does not take time away from your core business activities.
More details on the benefits of recruitment process outsourcing can be found here.
Employing the right candidate in Europe through PEO/EOR services
Traditionally, employers hired local for the needed positions as employees or local contractors. Nowadays, due to the increasing compliance challenges that are a part of international business, many North-American employers look for different solutions to hire their staff in Europe. The most popular solution in Europe is an international PEO/EOR service provider. International PEO/EOR service providers are increasingly popular as they reduce the liabilities, mitigate risk, take care of compliance and avoid the need of a local establishment.
In short, an Employer of Record provider, also known as international PEO, handles payroll, benefits, tax and compliance requirements for your international staff. All of this is achieved without the need for you to register as a business or employer in that country. In other words, the PEO/EOR becomes the employer of record taking away your corporate and employment liabilities. What are the main benefits of a European PEO/EOR?
- Compliance with local regulations: International/European employment law is complex and ever-changing. A business that expands into a new country needs the accurate knowledge. Incomplete compliance can not only lead to fines, but also to bad press, loss of prestige and credibility.
- Data security: For businesses operating in the EU, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is crucial. This regulation established key privacy and security rights for individuals regarding their digital data. PEO’s are there to help and guide you.
- Flexible, scalable & efficient: Partnering with an international/European PEO, means you can easily expand into and test in new markets. With EuroDev as a partner, for example, you can hire 1 or 51 employees throughout Europe with only 1 partner. We would take care of all your needs, including the offboarding of employees if necessary.
To have a better understanding on the actual costs of hiring in Europe, we have also created a short overview on the costs of hiring employees in Europe.
More information, a quote or proposal?
In case you would like to have more information on hiring employees in Europe or other European HR related topics, do not hesitate to contact us. Interested in more information concerning our HR Outsourcing services? Please have a look at our HR Outsourcing page. EuroDev is your partner for PEO/EOR, payroll and consultancy services.
EuroDev, established in 1996 with offices in The Netherlands and France, has a single, defined purpose to help mid-sized North American companies expand their business in Europe. We have created a proven, successful business development model and since our founding, have partnered with over 300 companies to help them define and meet their European business goals. Services provided include Sales Outsourcing, HR Outsourcing and Digital Marketing.