The Corona virus raises many questions and uncertainties. What consequences does the COVID-19 have for your Swedish staff? Every country has their own measures regarding the Coronavirus. We monitor the situation and have put all information together per country. If you employ people in Sweden, the information below might help you with managing your Swedish staff.
*The information in the blog has the purpose to help the reader with gaining more knowledge and insights on the measures taken by the government. Please keep in mind that we have outlined basic rules. There might be specific terms, rules and regulations to each measure. As a result, EuroDev cannot guarantee any reimbursements or liabilities. For more detailed information, please contact our experts.
Recent developments 20 March 2020 - Current Situation
As of April 15, 11927 people have been infected.
Measures for enterprises
The Swedish government also imposes the following measures for the public
- Public transportation: railway operator SJ cancelled 1 in 4 trains and offers a free empty seat among people
- Denmark closed its border, can cross the bridge only with special permit (cross-border workers based in Sweden are allowed)
- The Swedish authorities advise against Swedish unnecessary travel out of the country for the next 30 days.
- All public schools and preschools are closed
- The Danish government bans the gathering of people of more than 100 people
- Public employees who do not work on critical items are also sent home.
- All cultural institutions will remain closed for the next two weeks and in addition, they are urging associations and faith communities to do the same.
What applies to Employer's voluntary members for short-term leave?
Wheter a voluntary member is covered by the rules on short-term permits becomes a matter for the Swedish Agency for Growth. Central parties have signed an agreement on short-term work and special contact will be made with the Employer's voluntary members.
In addition to these questions, you might have questions specific to your case and company. If you are looking for answers, we are happy to help. Schedule a 15-minute call with Monique Ramondt, VP of HR Outsourcing by clicking the image below:
EuroDev, established in 1996 with offices in The Netherlands and France, has a single, defined purpose to help mid-sized North American companies expand their business in Europe. We have created a proven, successful business development model and since our founding, have partnered with over 300 companies to help them define and meet their European business goals. Services provided include Sales Outsourcing, HR Outsourcing and Digital Marketing. Additionally, EuroDev is home to 75 professionals from 24 nationalities, covering a total of 21 languages between them.