On November 5th, EuroDev and NDL hosted a webinar on how to become successful in Europe as a North-American exporter. The main topics of the webinar include business development in Europe, European employment and Logistics in Europe. In the webinar, success stories and failures were highlighted. In this blog, we will present the key takeaways of the webinar.
In case you would like to watch the full webinar, click here.
Business Development in Europe
- Benefits of exporting abroad go far beyond financial growth. Other benefits include developing an international reputation and intelligent product development.
- The 75% rule. 75% of the world’s purchasing power is international. However, it is also given that 75% of international product launches and international hiring are unsuccessful.
- A market entry strategy should be different per country, it depends on factors such as ease of market entry, VAT, regulations, competition and buying behavior.
- To be successful one should consider each step in the business development framework.
Employment in Europe
- Why do companies outsource their HR activities? There are corporate benefits, HR benefits and financial benefits. Being in compliance is one of the most important reasons.
- In some European countries, such as France, employment becomes more expensive due to high social contributions.
- Outsourcing your European employment can be done through different models each model comes with unique benefits and drawbacks. Models include PEO, ASO/Payroll and Integrated HR.
Logistics in Europe
- Logistical challenges in Europe include different levels of market maturity, multiple currencies, relatively high transportation costs, fragmented markets, varying labor costs and regulations.
- To ensure a “safe” market entry you should follow the “Road map for EU market entry”
- Before going international you need to consider the two options for your supply chain model. The indirect supply chain solution and the direct supply chain solution. Each model comes with its own benefits and limitations.
In case you would like to have more detailed information, please do not hesitate to watch the full webinar here or reach out to Emre Aykac, VP Medical & Advanced Tech, or Monique Ramondt, Executive VP HR Outsourcing.
Interested in similar content? Stay up-to-date for more webinars on doing business in Europe by registering for our newsletter in the footer of our page or connect on our LinkedIn.
EuroDev, established in 1996 with offices in The Netherlands and France, has a single, defined purpose to help mid-sized North American companies expand their business in Europe. We have created a proven, successful business development model and since our founding, have partnered with over 300 companies to help them define and meet their European business goals. Services provided include Sales Outsourcing, HR Outsourcing and Digital Marketing.